A delicious bread pudding with a twist…cranberries, bananas and rum…Yum!
• 160 g baguette (ideally 1 day old)
• 500 ml whole milk
• 2 eggs
• 90 g sugar (or 130 g when using raisins)
• 100 g cranberries (or raisins)
• 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2-3 bananas, cut
• shot of rum or similar for adult version
Begin with cutting bread into cubes, put into final pan for baking, pour milk in and let soak for an hour, make sure that bread gets soaked evenly over time.
Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a separate bowl and pour mixture into pan with bread and milk, mix it evenly and bake for 1:10 hours @ 325 degrees F.
Recipe Courtesy of: Walter Zahn