• 8 oz. small red or yellow-skinned potatoes
• ½ cup non-fat plain Greek-style yogurt
• 2 T reduced-fat mayonnaise
• 1 T white balsamic or cider vinegar
• ½ tsp. hot red pepper sauce
• 1/3 cup dried cranberries
• 1 cup diced seedless cucumber
• ¼ cup thinly sliced scallions
Wash potatoes and boil with skin on for 15-20 minutes or until almost tender. Remove from heat and drain. Cool. Cut into cubes and set aside.
In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar and pepper sauce. Stir in cranberries and let stand 20 minutes to soften cranberries slightly.
Stir potatoes, cucumber and scallions into yogurt-cranberry mixture and toss to coat. Adjust seasoning as needed. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving.
Variations: Diced apple or pear may be substituted for cucumber. Sprinkle with chopped, toasted pecans or walnuts to garnish, if desired.