• 1 cup cornmeal
• ½ cup whole wheat flour
• ½ cup all-purpose flour
• ¼ cup brown sugar, packed
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• ½ teaspoon sea salt
• ¼ teaspoon baking soda
• ¾ cup cranberries, roughly chopped
• 1 cup + 2 Tbsp. milk (I used 2%)
• 1 egg
• ½ cup Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
• 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
• 1 cup finely grated cheese (used a mix of parmesan + sharp white cheddar)
• ½ Tbsp. Herbs de Provence
Preheat oven to 350°F. First, make your cheesy core. In a bowl, combine finely grated cheese and Herbs de Provence. Grab a bit of the cheese and herbs and roll into a tight ball, repeat until you have 12 cheese balls.
WIn a separate bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Make a well in the center, add in all wet ingredients and mix to combine.
Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Fill half way up with muffin batter. Add a herby cheese ball in the center. Cover with the remaining muffin batter. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until tops are set and muffins feel firm when pressed. Cool for 10 minutes before serving (muffin liner will come off the muffin easily).
Credit: The Cranberry Marketing Committee and Kylie Mitchell, MPH, RDN of Imma Eat That